Friday, October 2, 2009

Dallas Shaw and New Collages



I really love the simple lines and poetic emotions of this print by Dallas Shaw. It is available in edition of 25 and it's a charming size of 8.5x11. Creating work for stylish people with sleek spaces, Shaw offers both modern paintings inspired by music, and also vintage work, which features delicate drawings on vintage printed wallpaper at her website. Check out the boots and eyeshadow too!


Normally I don't add two posts so today is the Friday Combo special. It's been years since I have done any figurative illustration and on a whim I dug up my graphite pencils from college and came up with this nude image on 6x6 canvas. The drawing is actually on a torn up envelope from the UK. It's available for sale if you are interested.

Have an art filled weekend.

No comments: