Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dwell On Design June 09

This weekend is the Dwell on Design Show. Wish I could be there! But since I can't I have been checking out the shops and web sites that are listed in the Dwell supplement. Where do I start?? Ok - first we have A+R in Venice. Offering exclusive and uncommon home and personal accessories. I really love the idea of uncommon. Shouldn't your dwelling be uncommon?
Let's move on to Plastica. I was a little concerned about the name, I don't care for plastic - but this place sounds fun. The owners hand-select each item and the items are functional. They look and do something. How cool is that!

Moving on to books. One of my favorite things. Skylight Books is a cozy contemporary bookstore in the Los Feliz neighborhood of LA focusing on design, art, photography, film, theatre, fashion and graphic literature.
I'm going on a virtual tour now. Have a great day.

No comments: